Is your room in need of a change but you’re not sure you want to spend the time and money on a whole room transformation? Try a mini makeover instead.
- Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt
- Paint stirrer
- Brush and masking tape
- Paint tray
- Roller and pole
- Get started by moving any furniture out of the way so you have clear and easy access to the wall that’s getting a makeover.
- Next, protect the floor area and any nearby furniture with dustsheets, just in case you knock over the paint.
- Then, give the area of wall you’re painting a quick dust down with a dry cloth, so your paint goes on smoothly.
There’s no need to prime with Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt so you can get painting straight away.
- Give your Simply Refresh paint a good stir and pour it into your paint tray.
- Start the transformation by cutting in with a brush along the edges and ceiling line. Use masking tape for more precision. Switch to using a roller to cover the larger surfaces and then let the paint dry. Try painting in a W and M sequence, from left to right to ensure even coverage.To see how long you need to leave your walls to dry, check the back of the pack for a recommended time.
Top tip: Put your brush and roller in a plastic bag to keep them moist, so you can use them again for your next coat without having to give them a wash.
- Remove as much paint as you can from your brush, roller and tray.
- Give them a thorough wash in water. There’s no need to use white spirit, as Dulux Trade Vinyl Matt is water based.
- Firmly close the paint tin and store in a dry and frost-free environment.