Create your dream home office space with warm neutral shades from Dulux. Perfect home office colour schemes in every style, from modern and chic to warm and relaxing.
If working from home is your new norm, or you’re splitting your time between the office and your own study, you need a workspace that works for you.
The perfect home office design should ignite creativity and promote efficiency. A space where you can block out distractions and be with your own thoughts. If you haven’t achieved this just yet, a good place to start is to switch up your home office colour scheme.
Why choose tinted neutral paint colours?
Warm neutral paint colours work well in home offices because they’re quiet and calming. They help to keep your stress levels down and invigorate you, so you feel energised to work. Neutral paint colours also make smaller spaces appear open and airy.
What’s the best colour for a home office?
If you’re considering warm neutral paint colours for your modern home study design, look no further than our Colour of the Year 2021, Brave Ground. It’s a warm, earthy tone that encourages stability and growth, and provides a firm foundation for creativity.
How should you use warm neutral paint colours?
One way to make the most of your home office colour scheme is to layer neutral paint colours with similar hues. By doing this, you’ll create a warm and welcoming space where you feel comfortable 9 to 5.
Or you can use warm neutral paint colours as a background for brighter, bolder shades. You can add pops of colour, such as energetic reds and yellows, with accessories or artwork to help fuel your productivity.
If you want to make your home office space a source of inspiration with warm neutral paint colours, here’s a simple yet stylish idea. Painting an arch in Brave Ground will not only update your home office colour scheme, it’ll add interest to the room.
To create your modern home study design, you’ll need:
• Tin of each of your chosen paint colours, with a contrasting shade for the arch
• x1 large roller and tray
• x1 small roller and tray
• Spirit level
• Measuring tape
• Ball of string
• Masking tape
• 1.5” paint brush
Steps for painting your own home office design with an arch
1. Apply your background colour first, using a roller to cover a large surface area. Create M and W shapes as you roll to achieve an even coverage. Once the paint is completely dry (this can take from 2-4 hours), you’re ready to start your arch.
2. First, cut a long length of string and attach keys to one end.
3. Use masking tape, stick the string to the wall at the right height for the side of your arch. Cover the string with chalk and ping against the wall to make a chalk-line guide. Mask along this line with tape.
4. Decide on the width of your arch and, using a spirit level, make a mark for the top of the other side at the same height. Repeat the process above.
5. Measure the gap between the two sides and mark the mid-point.
6. Attach a pencil to the end of a length of string. Pin the string at the mid-point between the two sides so that the pencil reaches the top of both side lines.
7. Draw a semi-circle to form the top of your arch, then carefully paint the outline using a paintbrush. Fill in the rest of the arch using a roller.
8. Gently remove the masking tape while the paint is still slightly wet.